This weekend, Central Illinois is buzzing with a variety of events and activities for everyone to enjoy. From festivals to exhibits to fashion shows, there is something for everyone to take part in. Here are the highlights of what’s happening:
1. Morton Pumpkin Festival: Celebrating its 57th year, the Morton Pumpkin Festival is a must-visit event. The festival features pumpkin-flavored foods, carnival rides, live entertainment, and more. Don’t miss the chance to indulge in pumpkin pancakes and enjoy the festive parade. The festival is happening all day on September 16th in Morton.
2. Peoria Oktoberfest: Put on your dirndls and lederhosen and head to the Peoria Riverfront for Oktoberfest. This exciting event includes wiener dog races, a log-sawing contest, music, dancing, and, of course, delicious German food and beer. The festival takes place on September 16th and 17th, and there are different ticket options available.
3. New Peoria Riverfront Museum Exhibit: The Peoria Riverfront Museum is hosting a new exhibit dedicated to Annie Malone, the nation’s first black female millionaire. The exhibit, titled “Life and Legacy of Annie Malone,” explores Malone’s time in Peoria, her philanthropy, and the impact of her Poro company and colleges. The opening celebration on September 16th includes activities for kids, a free screening of “Hair Love,” and a book signing.
4. Runway Mixer Fashion Show: Take part in the Peoria Fashion Week by attending the Runway Mixer Fashion Show. The event showcases local fashion designers, live music, and pop-up boutiques. Get ready for a night of style and excitement on September 16th at the Sunset Hills Golf Course in Pekin.
5. Gathering of Veterans Pow Wow: The Seven Circles Heritage Center in Edwards is hosting a Gathering of Veterans Pow Wow. This family-friendly event features vendors, Native American singers, dancers, and a grand entry. It is an opportunity to experience Native American culture and traditions. The pow wow takes place on September 16th and 17th.
6. Saturday Night Lights Cruise In: If you’re a car enthusiast, head over to Washington for the “Saturday Night Lights Cruise In.” This event is open to any vehicle with wheels and provides a casual and enjoyable evening filled with music and impressive cars. The Cruise In takes place on September 16th at the Connect Center in Washington.
These events offer a range of experiences for residents and visitors of Central Illinois. Whether you’re a fan of pumpkins, German culture, history, fashion, Native American traditions, or cars, there is an event for you to enjoy. Don’t miss out on the excitement happening in Central Illinois this weekend!
– Dirndls: Traditional Bavarian dresses worn by women at Oktoberfest.
– Lederhosen: Traditional Bavarian shorts or pants worn by men at Oktoberfest.
– Morton Pumpkin Festival: https://www.mortonpumpkinfestival.org/
– Peoria Oktoberfest: Information can be found at Peoria Oktoberfest’s official website.
– New Peoria Riverfront Museum Exhibit: Information can be found at Peoria Riverfront Museum’s official website.
– Runway Mixer Fashion Show: Information and tickets can be found at the official website of Peoria Fashion Week.
– Gathering of Veterans Pow Wow: Information can be found at Seven Circles Heritage Center’s official website.
– Saturday Night Lights Cruise In: Information can be found on the Connect Center’s official website.
– “Exciting events happening in Central Illinois this weekend” – PEORIA (25News Now) – Retrieved from WEEK website.