Investors showed unusual interest in Aurora Cannabis Inc. on Friday, as they purchased 21,002 call options on the company. This represents a significant increase of approximately 234% compared to the average daily volume of 6,288 call options. It is worth noting that call options give traders the right, but not the obligation, to buy a stock at a specified price within a certain time frame.
Hedge funds and institutional investors have also been weighing in on Aurora Cannabis. Advisor Group Holdings Inc. increased its stake in the company by 9.7% during the first quarter, while Royal Bank of Canada raised its position by 9.5% during the third quarter. Squarepoint Ops LLC and Citigroup Inc. also grew their positions in Aurora Cannabis.
Aurora Cannabis stock traded at $1.03 during midday trading on Friday, with 50,211,198 shares exchanged. The stock has a 50-day simple moving average of $0.54 and a 200-day simple moving average of $0.60. The company has a market cap of $408.85 million and a beta of 2.58. It has a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.33, a quick ratio of 3.16, and a current ratio of 4.08. Aurora Cannabis has a 52-week low of $0.43 and a 52-week high of $1.62.
In its most recent quarterly earnings report, Aurora Cannabis beat analysts’ consensus estimates by reporting earnings per share (EPS) of ($0.04). The company generated $55.92 million in revenue during the same quarter, surpassing analysts’ expectations of $46.80 million. Aurora Cannabis had a negative return on equity of 30.47% and a negative net margin of 88.27%.
Aurora Cannabis Inc. is a Canadian company that produces, distributes, and sells cannabis and cannabis derivative products. It operates in Canada and internationally, with three segments: Canadian Cannabis, European Cannabis, and Plant Propagation. The company specializes in medical and consumer cannabis products in Canada.
– Aurora Cannabis Inc. (NYSE:ACB – Get Free Report) was the recipient of some unusual options trading activity on Friday.
– Advisor Group Holdings Inc. lifted its stake in shares of Aurora Cannabis by 9.7% during the 1st quarter.
– Royal Bank of Canada lifted its position in Aurora Cannabis by 9.5% during the third quarter.
– Squarepoint Ops LLC grew its position in shares of Aurora Cannabis by 45.0% in the fourth quarter.
– Citigroup Inc. increased its stake in shares of Aurora Cannabis by 566.4% during the first quarter.
– HighTower Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in Aurora Cannabis during the 1st quarter.
– Aurora Cannabis stock traded up $0.19 during midday trading on Friday, reaching $1.03.
– Aurora Cannabis has a 52 week low of $0.43 and a 52 week high of $1.62.
– Aurora Cannabis last released its quarterly earnings data on Thursday, August 10th.